Monday, November 5, 2007

Monday, Monday...

It hasn't been a particularly exciting day around the MacDonald house. At 6:30am Dan left to go to the great Midwest, on an adventure for work. I assumed (incorrectly) that the boys would be up soon after him, since the garage is directly below their bedroom, and the door makes lots of noise. Since I had to get to Laurie's house to relieve her mom at 9am, I kind of dozed for an hour or so, waiting for noises to come from upstairs. I guess I fell asleep because at 8:15am, both boys were still fast asleep. It figures that the day I need to be out of the house by 8:15, they would decide to sleep in. So I finished getting ready to head out, all the bags packed, car loaded, dog fed and watered. It's now 8:30am, and there is no movement in their room. I rummage around to find a phone to call and say we're going to be late. That did the trick!

I picked up both boys, threw them into the car, and we headed out. Three phone calls later, and multiple changing of the mind, I headed to Laurie's house, my mom headed there, and I ended up only being 1 minute late. (My mom took the boys for the day so they would be sure to get good naps...after all, we thought swimming lessons were starting today, but they didn't).

Josiah and Jesse were awesome. Jesse slept for almost 2 hours, and Josiah probably would have slept if I had remembered his pacifier (I'm a bad babysitter!). Probably the weirdest thing was changing Jesse's diapers. I'm so used to looking at boy parts, that seeing a little girl was a bit shocking. :-) Jesse reminds me so much of the boys when they first arrived home. She does so many things that they did, makes many of the same's very neat.

The best news of the day is that the doctors think they figured out why Laurie was having so much pain and discomfort, and she was able to come home! I ran home for what I had planned to be a few minutes, between babysitting and swim lessons to find out that lessons were canceled. I took the time I had at home to tidy up a bit (we have a social worker coming on Wednesday), get a little laundry done, and play with Jack. Then it was off to my parents house to pick up the boys, and home for bath and bedtime.

No comments: