Monday, November 19, 2007

Whole lotta packin' goin' on...

I've been telling Dan for a week now that I wanted us to be completely packed for our Minnesota trip by tonight. Well, we're not totally packed, but with the exception of a couple of pairs of socks and underwear, and my need for a straightening iron/hair dryer, we could be ready to go.

There are clothes EVERYWHERE. In the living room. On both couches. On a box in our bedroom. In a laundry basket. But, they are all in piles that make sense. At least to me.

I'm hoping that when we finally pack (tomorrow! We will be packed by tomorrow!) we'll be able to squeeze in a few Christmas gifts so we don't have to ship them later. We got smart last year and left a few basics at Dan's parent's house. I left a sweater and some warm wear, and a few toiletries. I left the famous nebulizer. And I found out today that I could purchase a travel size CPAP machine for less than $250. Score! That was purchased and shipped and will arrive before we do. (This gadget will be particularly helpful when we go away for New Year's!)

My parents left today. :-( They were wonderful enough to hang around an hour later than originally planned so I could go to a meeting at church. But I was all alone for swimming lessons. Tomorrow Tyger joins me at swimming. Should be interesting...

2 comments:

the Knights said...

It's amazing how much stuff you need with little ones!

Shana said...

Have fun in Minnesota! You will need the warm clothes. I know what you mean about packing. We are going to need another car for the 5 of us just to go to Miami to visit family for the weekend! Happy Thanksgiving!
-Shana