Monday, November 17, 2008

Target Revisited

I'd hoped our order from Target for the two car seats was in the clear. I checked on our order before heading out for the day and it was intact. However, when I checked it again at 5pm our order was gone. Canceled without any notice. We figured that would happen, especially given all of the rumors surrounding the debacle.

After realizing that our order was gone, I sent a quick e-mail to Target sharing my displeasure at their decision to cancel my order and not inform me they were doing so. When I got a canned response from them, I started to get angry. Then I started hearing from several friends who had tried to take advantage of the great deal Target was offering. Seems like everyone who ordered a car seat, except those who ordered the one with the cowprint cover, had their order canceled.

This fact had me a little annoyed. So I took about 20 minutes this evening and expressed my annoyance to Target via their website. Then I filed a complaint with the FTC and the BBB. I doubt anything will come of it, but the fact remains that if a pricing error (what Target is claiming happened) had occured in their store they would have had to honor it. Target seems to be hiding behind a generic policy listed in their FAQ about online purchases.

It's too bad. I was looking forward to the idea of Dan having a really safe car seat in his car. It would have given us the chance to split up sometimes and have one-on-one dates with the boys.

No comments: