Saturday, June 7, 2008

A (short) list of things not to do

1. Do not paint over wallpaper. Just don't do it. Paint over wallpaper does not really cover up the wallpaper. Oh yes, it covers the pattern of the wallpaper (with enough coats of paint), but it does not cover seams. Paint over wallpaper makes it very difficult to take the wallpaper down. Not that I've experienced this first hand, but my parents have. I'd like to slap the realtor who painted over all the wallpaper in our house.

EDIT: From my dear friend Anne...
1.5. If you do wallpaper and are smart enough NOT to paint over it, do not then get dumb and simply wallpaper over old wallpaper when you do not like it anymore, making it an extremely goopy, messy project when you strip it all...

2. I have no number two to write about. I'm sure I'll think of something soon. Stick around.

1 comment:

anne girl said...

Here's the addendum to #1 (#1.5, I suppose): If you do wallpaper and are smart enough NOT to paint over it, do not then get dumb and simply wallpaper over old wallpaper when you do not like it anymore, making it an extremely goopy, messy project when you strip it all...

Stupid wallpaper.