Thursday, September 27, 2007

Three Months!

Can you believe it? I can't believe that we have been back in the United States for three whole months! It seems like both a lifetime ago that we were in Vietnam, and just yesterday at the same time.

Today Nicholas, Matthew, my mom and I headed out to the airport to greet our friends, the Dullmeyer's, as Ed brought their daughter Jesse home from China. It seemed fitting that on the three month anniversary of our arrival home from adopting that I be at the airport on the other side of the experience. Although words can't describe what it was like to be greeted (at the gate!!!) by my parents and then come off the tram and be surrounded by friends, it was almost equally amazing to be a person watching a family be united for the first time.

Those who know me know that I am not much of a crier, but I found myself watching Laurie hold her little girl, and the tears welled up. What an amazing experience it was, not just for them, but for me as well. How unbelievably blessed Dan and I are to be the parents of Nicholas and Matthew. My experience at the airport today just cemented that for me. :-)

No comments: