Thursday, November 20, 2008

Love Thursday - Sharing

Love is sharing a bowl of cereal with your kids.

It's the simple things around here that mean the most, and hit me the hardest. Today I was sitting in the play room with the boys. They were eating a snack of graham crackers and apple juice. I was popping Cheerios Crunch into my mouth by the handful. I'm not a big fan of the "Crunch" part of Cherrios Crunch, so I offered one of the nuggets to Matthew. Not to be left out of the mix, Nicholas came trotting over for his own nugget.

We spent the the rest of snack time digging through my bowl of Cheerios. Me eating the Cheerios, them eating all the crunchy nuggets. Every time they put one in their mouths they signed and said "Thank You". It was a constant dialog of "Thank You" and "You're Welcome" for at least 10 minutes straight.

I love the age that the boys are at now. I keep reminding myself not to blink. If I do, I'll miss it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had a very similar experience with my girls involving a few tangerines the other day. They are so sweet! I love the "Thank you Mommy"'s that I get constantly now. They even thank each other all the time.

(Of course, I'm not mentioning anything about the "Stop it Mommy!" or the "No Mommy" comments I get a whole lot more frequently than the Thank yous.)

This is such a fun age. :)