Friday, January 27, 2012

Baking Day

We celebrated the last of the MacFam's birthdays yesterday. Dan has a regular poker night and wanted to go, so we didn't do much in the way of celebrating. We had dinner with the kids, gave him his birthday gifts and sent him on his way with a birthday pie to eat with his friends. Incidently, he returned home with no leftovers. I think it was a hit!

When I asked him a few days ago what kind of cake he wanted, he replied with, "I haven't had a French Silk Pie or Lemon Meringue Pie in years. Maybe one of those.". I know I've never made a Lemon Meringue Pie and I was pretty sure I hadn't ever made a French Silk Pie either. I didn't know where to begin to find a recipe for either, so I turned to Google for help.

I quickly eliminated any pie that required unsweetened chocolate or uncooked eggs and finally stumbled upon one that I adapted here. It was easy enough to make and I had enough ingredients left over that I was able to make a second one for an After Christmas Party that we are attending this evening.







Since I didn't think one pie would be enough for the party we're going to tonight, Zachary and I set out to make a Lemon Meringue Pie this morning while the big boys were in school. I followed the recipe from Joanne Fluke's cookbook that I got for my birthday. It was super easy to make, the filling tastes good and it turned out pretty! I'm not a fan of Lemon Meringue, so I will rely on Dan to tell me if it tastes good.

No comments: